Saturday, October 18, 2014

Train watching and Model RR Operating Session.

 Today was a full day of trains, left early for te Operating session at Keith Stillman's. So I headed to Ashland, VA. Just as I arrived anAMTRAK train was stopped at the station and a CSX coal train was waiting for it to depart. I could not get camera out for the AMTRAK train but did catch the coal drag.
 I then proceeded to Doswell, VA. just up the road from Ashland. The Buckingham Branch RR interchanges with CSX and this is their base of operations (I think)
 There are some very photogenic structures in the area of the wye and there is a couple of bulk loading businesses here.
 The CSX (ex RF&P) mainline is on the right, the covered hoppers are in some tail tracks in the wye.
 After a delightful lunch prepared by Keith's wife Marlene we started the op session. It went long today but we all had fun. This location is Furnace.
 Thorny Point, Yard master and two engineers starting the assembly of their trains.
Hood which is part of the railroad the operator controls with a work train and passenger train waiting clearance to proceed to the next station.. I was the operator for this session.

No comments: