Saturday, August 29, 2009
The bridge across the Saco river is finally installed, I cleaned all the track in the areas I have done scenery this last couple of weeks and then ran a train through to make sure all is still working. The train ran fine but my radio throttle seemed to be not functioning, changed battery and checked all the connections but it still would not transmit (or maybe the receiver does not receive)something to figure out next time I am home.
The same rock cut as before, I have now added weeds, bushes and there is the start of the forest on the hillside to the left. The lichen on the left has not been coated with "leaves" like those on the right. Spray it with wet water, soak it with glue and add the color of your choice. I sprinkle from the top and then blow the ground foam onto the sides using a folded 3 x 5 card and a straw to blow it off the card onto the sides of the lichen.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
This is the cut through the ridge line with rock out cropping. Hydro Cal rocks from rock molds were used then attached to the foundation with spackling compound. Blended with more spackling compound which was used with a lot of water on a brush to blend the rocks into the foundation. Last a series of washes with my dirty paint brush rinsing cup.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
I have returned from my job in Georgia. I was excited about making a trip to operate Mike's layout but the traffic got me. Trying to get up 64 from Chesapeake on Saturdays is a no win situation. Spent the rest of the day adding more scenery base to the peninsula, and worked on the truss bridge abutments. Pictures to follow.