Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Uh Oh things are going to change

Yep, I have determined I am not happy with what I designed (AGAIN). So have been sketching and have come up with a new plan. I hate the hidden staging and kinda of knew I would at the start but went ahead with the design.

New design will use existing benchwork but will be based on a Portland Harbor/Commercial Street theme. I am not building to the actual layout of the real life area but am using different scene themes based on the prototype area.

Will start dismantling the existing layout track work and upper bench work over the next weeks.

1 comment:

Mike McNamara said...

Well, you have to do what needs to be done to have fun, right? At least what you built was good as a learning experience, and if you are re-using the existing benchwork that is a plus. I know there are some things I might do differently on my layout, but I guess you have to weigh each side of it and see where you land. Good luck with the new design!!