Friday, April 9, 2010

Disassembly Complete

All of the previous layout has been removed down to the benchwork! I have left all of the wiring intact and should be able to reconnect the leads to the new track when installed. The new layout will be built on 18" wide by 48" modules that will be mounted to the existing benchwork. The only other sections different from these will be the wharf module, staging module and the module across the front of the closet. Still need to scan the track plan for posting. Not traveling for work but that does not mean the hours are any shorter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any pixes? Does it look like a bomb went off in your layout space?

Cam said...

It is not looking bad, just empty benchwork and the usual clutter from a layout under construction. I am somewhat of a neat freak so I kept a shop vac in room and kept up with the debris as I went.

Mike McNamara said...

Looking forward to see what you come up with a trackplan that includes a wharf and is generally going to be on 18" sections. Theme? MEC/PT in the late 1960s perhaps?

Cam said...

Mike,

Theme is PT but since I am not following the Yard 8 / Commercial Street prototype layout faithfully I will keep it as the Portland and Rochester. I really need to scan or take a pic of the sketch so I can get comments. It is on 11 x 17 so not that easy to scan at home.

Mike McNamara said...

Cam,

You could take a picture of the plan with your digital camera in lieu of scanning it. Or scan it in sections and post separately.