Tuesday, January 25, 2011

PT Fantasy Engine


After seeing so many 2 axle engines relegated to switcher status I thought I would create my modern PT used purchase switcher. An ex LV, D&H Alco C420. Patched to be a PT switcher.

I have P2K Alco S-1 and S-3 in the Black MEC scheme That I need to put decoders on, and I want to do several more in PT schemes.

Until I get those done I will operate with this Engine, the "Patched" LV C420 in the prvious post 3 MEC GP-38's a B&M GP-7 and a "Patched" MP-15AC

4 comments:

Mike McNamara said...

Pretty cool idea and certainly realistic. These units would be CR cast-offs anyway, and given PTs success with their Alco switchers it is not a stretch that they might stick with more Alco power. Looks good, but I would add some more weathering to make them "Alco" dirty!

Mike McNamara said...

Also, glad to see you are getting the time to work on the layout. Track looks good with rusty rails.

Cam said...

I think the camera flash washes out the weathering. I have noticed that a lot of things appear different when photgraphed. The rusty rails appear very bright when photographed but when looking at the colors under the normal layout lighting they are more muted.

Vaibhav said...

Nice post. I be taught one thing more challenging on different blogs everyday. It’ll always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. pvc pipe connectors