Sunday, April 27, 2014

Running the Mine Shifter on the WMMD

I ran the mine shifter which runs from Elkins Yard to all of the local mines. I started my shift by picking up my train off empties on the siding at Luke. There is the large "Black Diamond" mine and a smaller loader on the opposite end of this area. in this photo I have brought down my second train of empty hoppers from Elkins. I am in the hole on the siding and a peddler freight is on the mine lead. We are waiting for a train to pass on it's way to Elkins.
This is Thomas were another mine and a coal dump is located that the shifter is responsible for keeping supplied with empty hoppers and pulling loads.
Elkins Yard, a crew of two is assigned to this yard also, I have requested entry into the yard with a 14 car train of loaded coal cars.


No comments: