Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bridge Installation Update


Here the deck bridge has been installed and the scenery base has been added around the bridge abutements. I used the scenery base formula that Joe Fugate developed on his Siskiyou layout and explains in his modeling video set. Again this is a first with me. I have used the more traditional hardshell over the years. This technique takes some getting used to, but it does make a good solid base and it covers quickly. The link to the video series site is on my favorites list if you are interested.

2 comments:

Wayne Woodland said...

Hi Cameron;

Nice work!! I found your blog link on Mike M's blog. I model the Maine Central and have a blog as well - you can check it out at;

www.nottinghamsub.blogspot.com

I will come back and visit your blog often. Cheers.

Wayne Woodland

Cam said...

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for looking and yhe compliment. Checked out your blog, looks good also. You may want to sign up for the e-mail notification for my blog. I travel for extended periods of time for my job so there may not be any thing new for months at a time.

I also like the blog method of sharing my layout. I have had several websites over the years but this is a much easier way to share what you are doing, without spending the time to build and maintain a web site. Besides when I am home I want to be in the layout room not on the computer!

Cam