Sunday, August 15, 2010

Visit to Maine and stop at Steamtown


Liz and I took a vacation to Maine to visit family and do some sight seeing. Took many photos along commercial street of the remaining buildings, I visited a hobby shop where I picked up a MEC S-3 and an HH600. We rode the Conway Scenic up to Crawford's Notch and had a nice lunch in the dining car.

Of note was the 252 in a MEC inspired paint scheme, only the wording on the logo changed. The Logo was "CONWAY SCENIC The Notch Train Route". The engine that pulled the Notch Train was a high nose GP-35 #216 also in the MEC inspired Harvest Gold Scheme.

On the way home we stopped in Scranton at the National Historic Site Steamtown. I enjoyed that also, but it was too much walking for Liz and here sister. I ran around every where but will have to make another trip and go by myself to really explore.

We rode in Lackawanna passenger cars behind a ex-CN 2-8-2 #3254.

I was very impressed with both operations.


1 comment:

Mike McNamara said...

Sounds like we may have been up north at the same time. We were camping in NH not far from Crawford Notch from 8/1 - 8/7. I have some pics to post as well, having been into Conway to see 252 and 216, and also a pic from atop Mt. Avalon where you can see the Notch Train at Crawfords.

Glad that you had a good trip!