Sunday, October 28, 2012

Update

It has been a lomg time since posting. Basically it is because of time. When I have time lately I have worked on the layout. So this next few posts will  update the items worked from April.

1st we have the main yard area. I had started working the back drop which did not have any back ground other than the painted room wall. After playing with different ways of doing it I have finally decided to go with a photo back drop and some narrow (1/4" thick) flats. To be able to do this I had to put up a back drop for gluing the flats and photo's to. This is complete and I have glued the 3d flats back to the back drop. While doing this I also added additional scenic detail to the yard area. Now to work on the photo back drops is ll that is left.

I always remember the engine service facilities having the ground almost black from diesel spills, coal dust I assume from the steam era also was a big contributor to this appearance. In this overall view you can see the new back drop. The darkened area at the engine service area and additional detail in the yard tracks.

1 comment:

Portland maine history said...

Please keep up your endeavor with this project, I have been following it for a quite a while.